Specific aims of the Society are:
- to promote out-standing, innovative studies in the field of macrophage and dendritic cell biology with respect to both basic and clinical research.
- to provide a forum for the interdisciplinary exchange of current basic and clinical knowledge and concepts in the field of macrophages, dendritic cells and other myleoid cells
- to accelerate the development and clinical application of new therapeutic strategies to fight infections, autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders, immunodeficiencies, cancer, and metabolic diseases
- to improve and support the training of young researchers who are interested in the study of macrophages, dendritic cells and other members of the myeloid lineage
- to establish a student exchange program between the various macrophage and dendritic cell research centers in Europe